Job Opening : Solutions Engineer
- Department Name: Sales
- Reports to: Director, Solution Engineering
- Location: Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ
Primary Purpose and Function
The Solution Engineer (SE) is an integral member of the Sales team, responsible for technical discussions, planning, presenting, and owning the technical relationships with our customers. The Solution Engineer’s role is to act as the technical subject matter expert in all sales engagements including demonstrations, meetings, planning, quoting, architecture, and RFP/RFI responses.
Operating as the lead point of contact for all technical matters, the SE will work closely with a cross-functional internal team by enthusiastically supporting and monitoring the entire customer experience during the Sales process.
Reporting directly to the Director Solution Engineering, the SE also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role is designed to be an overall subject matter expert for the Sales team as whole.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of technical contact for all customer account management matters
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying plans and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Lead RFI/RFP responses from a technical subject matter expertise perspective
- Support all Sales demo environments
- Lead all Sales demos of our software solutions
- Perform pre-sales clinical supply chain assessments, present findings and best practice recommendations
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our proposals and architecture documents, including assisting Professional Services with quoting and planning, solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on account status as needed by the CEO or DSO
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to solution engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
Working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Professional Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Functions Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical discipline
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer or relevant role
- Previous experience working in a Software-as-a-Service technology firm preferred
- Experience in healthcare software preferred but not required
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx)
Travel is expected up to 50%
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The SE will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the SE may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The SE has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The SE will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match