Job Opening : Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
- Department Name: Corporate
- Supervisors Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager is responsible for overall front office activities, multiple Marketing-related activities, including the reception area, mail management, office purchasing requests, facilities, and projects and tasks as assigned. This important role is responsible for providing arrangements for office meetings and conference rooms and answering incoming phone calls, responding to routine correspondences and supporting the Executive and Business Leadership Teams as required. The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager will also provide support to the Marketing and Finance teams on an ongoing basis, in addition to traditional routine administrative and office duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Company.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for executive team members.
- Performs desktop publishing and word processing functions. Creates and develops visual presentations for the executive team.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Company. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Assists Finance team with opening mail, sorting and organizing incoming payments, reviewing expense reports and company credit card expenses, copying of documents and providing daily reporting to Company Controller.
- Assists the VP of Marketing on various projects and ongoing department organizational efforts.
- Answers phones for the Company and distributes calls. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs and other executive team members as well as the Company’s Board of Directors. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Create/Order Name Tags – would require Adobe InDesign to create artwork.
- Create/Order Business Cards – would require Adobe InDesign to create artwork.
- Order Headshots for staff.
- Assist with ordering conference items like electricity, labor, materials handling, coordinating shipping, etc.
- Assist in shipping items to conferences/events.
- Manage new gig mailers program.
- Order food for customer trainings.
- Order collateral, promo items, apparel, etc.
- Book hotel rooms for staff.
- Manage company store.
- Manage rewards program.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Associate or bachelors degree in relevant field.
- 5 Plus years’ experience as an administrative assistant/office manager.
- Excellent MS Office and computer skills (Deep Microsoft Outlook skills are required) .
- Strong communication skills; written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal effectiveness/credibility.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to make decisions that fall within job requirements.
Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office. There is no expected travel with this position currently.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Administrative Assistant and Office Manager may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Content and Other Relevant Information
The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Administrative Assistant and Office Manager will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match