Job Opening//Tampa: Business Data Analyst, Software
- Department Name: Product Management
- Report to: Chief Product Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is seeking a self-motivated and energetic IT Business Data Analyst with strong written and oral communication skills to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for the creation of detailed functional design documents that include requirements and acceptance criteria for engineering and QA teams to develop and verify innovative new products and functional capabilities. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will effectively coordinate and collaborate across teams and clients to analyze and develop requirements for our Syft Synergy healthcare supply chain platform.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in focused areas of the business through analysis and understanding of business needs
- Interact with clients and stakeholders to understand and capture their functional and data analytics requirements
- Apply fundamental knowledge of a business area’s processes and practices to optimize and/or solve new business challenges
- Interact with teams to determine project requirements, business issues, metrics and Key Performance indicators, and make recommendations based on systems and best practices
- Analyze and document business, user, and detailed analytics and functional requirements and ensure alignment to business and customer goals and objectives
- Analyze business processes and define optimized data sets, KPIs, and actionable insights that support optimizing business operations
- Conducts data mining, hygiene, and analysis on business data sets to glean high-value insights
- Data visualization and presentation skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Structured Query Language (SQL), and R or Python programming knowledge preferred)
- Develop and assist in grooming and prioritizing user stories in the product backlog
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree from Accredited University
- Minimum of 2 (two) years related work experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Product Manager in a software environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Work experience in a software development or technology environment required
- Work experience in healthcare strongly preferred
- Experience in Healthcare Clinical Supply Chain Management preferred
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player with thoroughness and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience interacting at high levels with multiple company departments to determine product requirements and customer needs
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Ability to work with offshore development and QA teams recognizing the time zone challenges of an offshore team
- Experience with Jira, Aha! or equivalent(s) highly preferred
The position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office. There will be business travel to customer sites, US hospitals, for training on the Syft Synergy platform and also for requirements analysis and exploration. Travel will vary and could extensive in certain months, but not all.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Business Analyst will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Business Analyst may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Business Analyst has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Business Analyst will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.