Job Opening//Tampa: Data Services Project Manager
- Department Name: Content Operations
- Reports to: Director, Data Services and Analytics
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is a leading provider of Supply Chain Automation and Analytics solutions to US hospitals. Syft has been in business over 21 years, is private equity backed and has a long list of prestigious clients to its credit. Syft has 85 employees based in the Tampa, FL office and a similar number of technical employees in its Hyderabad, India office. Syft is seeking to add a Project Manager supporting its Master Data Management (MDM) Data Services offering.
A Data Services Project Manager is responsible for project planning, production, delivery and client management activities related to Syft’s MDM Data Services offering.
The primary elements of this role include:
- Project Management – Ensure the successful delivery of MDM Data Services projects, on-time and within scope guidelines. Client management is a key element to this role, to manage expectations, lead technical discussions to assist necessary client decision points, and to provide on-going project status updates.
- This is a Technical Role – The Data Services Project Manager is expected to participate in data analysis activities and delivery review prior to client delivery. It is common for the Data Services Project Manager to provide hands-on data analysis and data manipulation support to assist project execution and success.
- MDM Production Coordination – Convey and confirm project technical and schedule requirements with MDM Production Team Leads. Periodically monitor production efforts and production results to ensure compliance with requirements. Identify potential technical or quality gaps early, permitting recovery and process adjustments.
- Risk Management – Recognize technical and schedule risks as early as possible, identify root causes and recommend corrective actions. Early identification permits a coordinated review and response by Syft and/or the Client. Internal or external escalation is expected as needed and as appropriate to the issue.
- Implementation Coordination – MDM Projects delivered in coordination with Syft’s Professional Services Implementation team are common. The Data Services Project Manager will provide necessary project planning guidance, risk identification and coordination with the Syft Program Manager.
- Process Improvement and Automation. The Data Services Project Manager will provide on-going production process improvement guidance and identify production automation opportunities as possible.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Direct day-to-day MDM Data Services project management, project planning, delivery and reporting for multiple projects
- Client Management, ensuring success, managing expectations and risk
- Coordinate MDM production activities and deliveries with Syft’s Professional Services and Implementation Teams
- Identify and assist to develop and implement production process improvement and automation strategies
- Provide MDM Pre-Sales Support, Presentation, Project Scoping and Proposal Preparation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Familiarity with Hospital Supply chain management analysis, concepts and challenges – required
- Extensive project management and client-facing experience – required
- Demonstrated understanding of MDM principles and delivery strategies – required
- Effective written and verbal communications skills – required
- Competent hands-on database skills (i.e., SQL, MSAccess, Visual Basic for Applications, etc.) – preferred
- Clinical products & manufacturer domain expertise – preferred
- Familiarity or experience with the common Healthcare ERPs – desired
- Data Services Project Manager will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office (required)
- Occasional travel to client and prospect sites, usually in the pre-sales phase, as required
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Data Services Project Manager will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, Data Services Project Manager may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information:
The Data Services Project Manager has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The (position) will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.