Job Opening : DevOps Manager
- Department: Software
- Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The DevOps Manager is responsible for acting as the central resource and liaison between and among these departments – Engineering/SQA/Support, Professional Services, Learning and Training, Sales and Sales Operations including Account Management, and Product Management. This important role will act as a highly technical resource and hub aiding to coordinate and facilitate delivery and execution of various different functions internally, while also assisting Sales as needed with highly technical questions and answers as needed and during times where the Syft CTO does not have availability. The DevOps Manager is the point person that helps coordinate efficient communication and execution among all aspects of product delivery including Product Management and version releases, Sales and Account Management (including Upgrades), Level III customer technical issues, and Learning and Organizational Development including assisting with our internal technical lab and training center. This role can be customer-facing, although it is primarily an internal role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting Sales Engineers during product presentations and answering technical questions
- Responsible for assisting Marketing in collateral development, as needed
- Responsible for assisting Professional Services team in SOW creation, as needed
- Working with Product and Development team to keep up to date on upcoming releases and functionalities across all departments including training, Account Management for customer upgrades and more.
- Assisting Product Team whenever necessary with technical and functional requirements
- Assisting in developing and delivering Training – both internal and external customers – on the Syft Synergy platform
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Professional Services to manage code releases and ensure variation in local client environments are accounted for during internal QA and external deployment and UAT
- Responsible for helping to coordinate installation and configuration of a fully functional Syft Synergy platform for training purposes
- During times of outages or high priority customer technical issues, this role will often act as the facilitator and coordinator of resolution in the event of service pack or emergency bug-fix response needs are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and/or experience
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
- Previous experience working as a DevOps Manager or in a similar role is required
- Direct experience installing and configuring software on Windows platform
- Direct experience in Healthcare Supply Chain Management and Automation space preferred
- Direct experience implementing Supply Chain Modules of systems like PeopleSoft or Lawson Infor, or Oracle Applications preferred
- Experience in RDBMS systems like Oracle, SQL Server highly desired, specifically writing SQL’s
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Modules of systems like SAP, McKesson PMM, Meditech desired
- Knowledge in Clinical systems like Epic, Cerner, etc. highly desired
- Programming experience in .NET or any other programming language is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Ability to and experience working with offshore Indian software development and QA teams recognizing the time zone challenges of an offshore team
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- General office technology skills required
Travel throughout the US is required for sales meetings, conference, and training. Travel is expected to be 10% or less, including a possible trip to our Hyderabad, India office once per year. Participation in field events and conferences, corporate events, customer meetings, and more is expected from time to time.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The DevOps Manager will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Sr. Product Manager may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The DevOps Manager has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The DevOps Manager will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match