Job Opening//Tampa: Director of Data Services and Analytics
- Department Name: Content Operations
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is a leading provider of Supply Chain Automation and Analytics solutions to US hospitals. Syft has been in business over 21 years, is private equity backed and has a long list of prestigious clients to its credit. Syft has 85 employees based in the Tampa, FL office and a similar number of technical employees in its Hyderabad, India office. Syft is seeking to add a Director of Data Services and Analytics role supporting its Master Data Management (MDM) service offerings.
The Director of Data Services and Analyticss is responsible for all aspects of Syft’s Master Data Management services offering, including presales support, project scoping, resource planning, data production, and client delivery.The primary elements of this role include:
- Presales support to assist to present and promote Syft’s MDM Services approach, understanding the Syft Platform implementation strategy and client’s challenges. Develop project scoping documentation and provide internal cost/price guidance.
- Production team planning and coordination (US and Off-Shore), ensuring effective resource utilization, skills development and appropriate client prioritization. Data production process improvement and automation is an on-going objective, improving process efficiency, accuracy and data reusability.
- Strategic development, maintenance and positioning of Syft’s Reference Database, MDM Production Workbench and other related production/QA tools and methods.
- Project Management (hands-on and in oversight) with direct, client-facing delivery responsibilities. Close coordination with Syft Professional Services and Implementation teams is required, ensuring a seamless client experience and success.
- This is a technical role. As data issues can be variable and client-specific, a general understanding of common healthcare ERP and supply chain topics along with the clinical product domain is desired. A solid grasp of tactical methods used to address and improve data issues is required. Hands-on database/SQL skills and other data manipulation tools are a plus.
- Provide on-going market and business analysis to assess and improve Syft’s competitive position in the marketplace.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Direct day-to-day MDM operations, including production, delivery and project management
- Provide ongoing MDM resource planning, forecasting and prioritization
- Identify, develop and implement production process improvement and automation strategies
- Coordinate MDM production efforts with Syft’s Inventory Services Teams
- Coordinate MDM activities and deliveries with Syft’s Professional Services and Implementation Teams
- Provide MDM Pre-Sales Support, Presentation, Project Scoping and Proposal Preparation
- Provide Hands-on Project Management for multiple MDM Projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Familiarity with Hospital Supply chain management analysis, concepts and challenges – required
- Extensive project management and client-facing experience – required
- Demonstrated understanding of MDM principles and delivery strategies – required
- Effective written and verbal communications skills – required
- Competent hands-on database skills (i.e., SQL, MSAccess, Visual Basic for Applications, etc.) – preferred
- Clinical products & manufacturer domain expertise – preferred
- Familiarity or experience with the common Healthcare ERPs – desired
- Required to work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office
- Occasional travel to client and prospect sites, usually in the pre-sales phase, as required
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Director of Data Services and Analytics will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, Director of Data Services and Analytics may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Director of Data Services and Analytics has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Director of Data Services and Analytics will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.