Job Opening//Tampa: Director of Software Development
- Department Name: Engineering
- Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is a leading provider of Supply Chain Automation and Analytics solutions to US hospitals. Syft has been in business over 21 years, is private equity backed and has a long list of prestigious clients to its credit. Syft has 85 employees based in the Tampa, FL office and a similar number of technical employees in its Hyderabad, India office. Syft is seeking to add a Director-level development working and leadership hybrid role to enhance quality, productivity, visibility, accountability, and predictability in collaboration with Syft’s offshore development office in Hyderabad.
The Director of Software Development is responsible for working with well-established leadership in Syft’s Hyderabad, India office to assist, collaborate, and develop software collaboratively with the Hyderabad-based head of Software Development. In this highly technical role, the Director should be able to write, examine, audit and compile source code with a sharp eye for spotting defects and recommending architectural or other software development aspects that will add value to our customers by building stable, scalable, and secure products for the modern hospital system. Syft is seeking a team player and excellent communicator. Syft is seeking someone passionate about the .NET framework, C#, and software design/architecture. Experience working with offshore software development teams is a requirement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop software in a .NET environment, specifically in C#
- Interact and collaborate with DevOps, Release, and Quality Assurance teams
- Monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Collaborate with HYD teams for on time and quality delivery of software development projects applicable to releases, QA, and DevOps
- Work closely with the Product Managers with the aim of meeting current and future user needs
- Review and apply said best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy
- Ensure application design to manage and maintain data security and integrity
- Help communication upward as well as throughout project teams
- Utilize practices of best-case packaged software release management
- Report status for US-based staff
- Ensure to provide proven ability to evaluate and improve software development best practices
- Provide version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness
- Provide detailed feedback to facilitate managers to enhance their work
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for entire software projects
- Monitor and provide input for evaluation and prioritize change requests
- Direct hands-on review developed code including being directly responsible for compiling code in Tampa, FL
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Syft management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or relevant field of study, a graduate level degree preferred
- Expert-level expertise in .NET, MS-SQL, and the Microsoft Developer Network
- Recent, active working knowledge of C# and .NET languages (e.g., Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- 5+ years’ experience building backend API centric software solutions
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with offshore development
- Experience with enterprise system architecture and scaling
- Knowledge of mobile app development including using cross-platform development (Xamarin) and native tools both iOS and Android.
- A strong understanding of database technologies, experience in a fast paced, Agile, continuous integration environment
- Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) web architecture and associated frameworks
- Tenacity, accountability, sense of urgency, results-orientated
- 1-2 Week travel to Hyderabad, India is required semi-annually (2x per year).
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office (not a remote position).
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Director of Software Development will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Director of Software Development may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Director of Software Development has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Director of Software Development will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.