Job Opening//New York & Los Angeles: Field Manager, Inventory Services
- Department: Inventory Services Field Operations
- Reports to: Assistant Director Inventory Operations
- Location: New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA
Primary Purpose and Function
Responsible for the overall management of the physical inventory count process for all inventory service lines, clinical, pharmacy, perpetual, asset and instrument; including but not limited to client relationship management, count accuracy, data transmission and management, and staff assignment, overall on-site staff management as well as staff performance management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Act as liaison with on-site client contact. Provide client with anticipated inventory schedule and negotiating access as needed. Timely, complete and thoughtful communication (both in writing and verbally) is critical in establishing strong client relationships.
- Assess the client organization for additional business opportunities not limited to inventory only but also other company offerings.
- Provide consultative services on an as needed basis when requested by the client to improve their operations.
- Coordinate, direct and lead inventory counters engaged for the project. Assign work to employees based on their experience/proficiency and time allotted in accordance with the inventory schedule established with the client.
- Supervise inventory staff to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork and pride.
- Review and verify employee time/sign-in sheets and enter into ADP within 24 hours of the completion of the inventory and in accordance with Payroll processing dates. Ensure that hours are assigned properly.
- Suggest and initiate personnel actions (counseling), such as attendance or performance issues as directed by Management or Human Resources.
- Analyze and resolve staff problems and recommend motivational plans.
- Recognize and communicate to Inventory Services management any problems while on client site, such as employee issues and/or client concerns.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed and bring problems to the attention of the Inventory Services Management and the HR Manager.
- Regularly communicate with information technology staff about repair and maintenance needs on all laptops or other equipment as well as timely requests for additional equipment as needed for upcoming projects.
- Relate to the public and to customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner, appropriately responding to their needs.
- Follow Field Manager procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientation and training.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of customer service, utilization of company equipment and internet usage.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete inventory projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs activities during disasters, etc.; identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to Inventory and IT management as necessary, and participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
- Responsible for the wellbeing of Inventory counters both on the client job site as well as when in local accommodations.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a high level of competency in utilizing technology to facilitate inventory data capture including but not limited to HITS application, internet usage, MS Office software, etc.
- Projects a favorable image of the company to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates related to Field Operations.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Supply Chain, Business Administration, Industrial Management or related field. A combination of a high school education and experience may be considered as an equivalent substitute for a post-secondary education.
- 2-3 years of successful management experience in a diverse and dynamic environment is required. Prior inventory or supply chain experience is preferred.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must have demonstrated competency with navigation on the Internet as well as the ability to accurately count. Competency in MS Office software is required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must maintain confidentiality related to personnel or financial information shared in the performance of the core responsibilities of the position.
- Acute attention to detail with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Current state issued Driver’s License with clean driving record is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary English language used in the workplace.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
This position requires up to 95% travel. Majority of the travel is outside the local area and overnight. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Walking for prolonged periods
- Stooping and/or reaching to count products and/or handle equipment
- Perform some petitvie motion activities
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs routinely
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment is normally at a moderate noise level.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match