Job Opening : Human Resources Generalist
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Department: Finance – Human Resources
- Reports to: VP, Finance & Human Resources
- Location: Tampa, FL (required)
Primary Purpose and Function
Under the management of the Vice President of Finance & Human Resources, The HRG will provide a wide variety of both complex and routine deliverables across the organization as well as internally within the department. This role will require the ability to work on several projects at one time in various areas of HR. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is cable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Human Resources Generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support the vision, mission, and guiding principals of the company.
- Assists in writing, revising, editing, and proofreading company policies, procedures, and related documents as needed.
- Efficiently and effectively assist in the recruitment process for vacant positions.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Organizes and maintain human resources files and records.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to Company employees.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone list.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes company organizational chart.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on management recommendations and annual reviews.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes
enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- At least three to five years of related experience required.
- Background and knowledge of payroll, staffing, compensation, employment law, training and development, and/or benefits.
- Demonstrated success in detailed work requiring accuracy, high level of productivity, organization and sense of urgency
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Human Resources Generalist will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Human Resources Generalist may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Human Resources Generalist has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Human Resources Generalist will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive salary for this position. In addition, we offer a complete employee benefits package including company sponsored major medical and prescription program, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans. In addition, we offer paid time off (PTO), paid holidays and supplemental insurance programs. We also provide a 401k retirement program with a company match.