Job Opening : Inside Sales Account Manager
- Department Name: Sales
- Reports to: Director of Sales Operation
- Location: Tampa, Florida
Primary Purpose and Function
The Inside Sales Account Manager (AM) is an integral member of the Sales team, responsible for creating long-term, trusting relationships with our hospital customers across the US and Canada. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, cultivating and growing an existing inventory services revenue stream (renewals), and developing new business from existing clients by actively seeking new opportunities to expand our customer’s Syft product set. Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to their assigned accounts, the AM will work closely with a cross-functional internal team by enthusiastically supporting and monitoring the entire customer experience including the reconciliation of all aspects of the customers working relationship with Syft and their level of satisfaction therein.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with account management software (CRM – Salesforce.com specifically), have a flair for client communication, understand consumer behavior, and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, establishing and maintaining a positive experience from first contact throughout the entire account lifecycle. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales Operations, the AM also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role is designed to be the second in a 3-phase path to outside sales. The career path is approximately five years and begins as a Sales Development Representative (SDR), then as an Account Manager managing existing customers, and then leads to outside sales. If high-dollar, complex healthcare software sales is part of our career vision, then this role is an ideal place to begin that journey.
This position will be based in our Tampa, FL. office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build, maintain, and constantly evaluate (survey) strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Achieve monthly quotas
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Cultivate and retain existing account renewal revenue while also developing new business opportunities with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Week day hours from 8-5pm typically, full time position with potential availability required for periodic service related issues after hours and on weekends.
- Daily work with Salesforce.com to adopt accounts, leads, contacts, and opportunities according to sales department best practices, policies, and procedures
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, Field Operations and Project Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Previous experience in an Inside Sales, working in a Software-as-a-Service technology firm preferred
- Experience in healthcare software preferred but not required
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx)
Travel is not expected.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The AM will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the AM may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The AM has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of the Syft brand portfolio. The AM will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match