Job Opening : Inside Sales Development Representative
- Department Name: Sales
- Reports to: Director of Sales Operation
- Location: Tampa, Florida
Primary Purpose and Function
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a highly visible member of the Sales team, responsible for working with a group of seasoned sales and marketing professionals to generate sales leads, schedule appointments/demo meetings, and qualify leads created by the marketing department. The SDR enthusiastically solicits MHS products and services to prospective hospital customers. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns, generated lists, and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until handoff at the proper sales stage. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales Operations, the SDR also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role is designed to be the first in a 3-phase path to outside sales. The career path is approximately five years and begins as an SDR, then as an Account Manager managing existing customers, and then leads to outside sales. If high-dollar, complex healthcare software sales is part of our career vision, then this role is an ideal place to begin that journey.
This position will be based in our Tampa, FL. office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Uncover and support the pre-implementation elements of new inventory business sales.
- Achieve monthly lead quotas
- Conduct a large volume of outbound calls to customers and prospects to gather information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested parties in learning more about the company’s products and services
- Daily work with Salesforce.com to adopt accounts, leads, contacts, and opportunities according to sales department best practices, policies, and procedures
- Week day outbound calling from 8-5pm only, full time position with no weekend hours; evening or off-hours are available for certain SDRs
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
Working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, Field Operations, and Project Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience
- Previous experience in Telemarketing, lead generation, or Sales in a Software-as-a-Service technology firm preferred
- Experience in healthcare software preferred but not required
- Sales “DNA.” Process oriented but still knows how to sell. Ideally has carried a lead generation quota at some time in his/her career
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx)
Travel is not expected.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The SDR will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the SDR may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The SDR has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of MHS’s brand portfolio. The SDR will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match