Job Opening//Tampa: Instructional Designer
- Department Name: Product Development
- Report to: Director of Training & Development
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The Instructional Designer is responsible for assisting the Product Team to develop media content using Camtasia and Articulate for Syft’s software products. The instructional designer will be assisting the Director of Training & Development in the creation and management of online course sites in MOODLE LMS. Other functions include working with subject matter experts and technical writers to produce quality training documentation and digital content.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Learning Management System Administrator to manage and maintain content to be hosted on the LMS and/or SharePoint as required
- Utilizes training authoring and multimedia tools and software for assigned development projects such as demos and tutorials
- Create test questions, activities, and exercises to integrate into MOODLE
- Develops and populates training course media content in learning management system
- Works closely with technical writer and subject matter experts to produce documentation and content
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in education or instructional design, or relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years of instructional design and LMS experience
- High-level working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related Instructional Design software
- Experience with LMS systems such as MOODLE
- Experience developing media content using Camtasia, Lectora, Storyline, or Articulate
- The ability to work independently, with thoroughness and accuracy
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Meet document project milestones in a timely manner, proactively engage with the project team and advocate for documentation best practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Strong attention to detail
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Instructional Designer will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Designer may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Instructional Designer has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Designer will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company-sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.