Job Opening : Inventory Specialist
Healthcare career opportunities with Syft; the leader in clinical inventory valuation. We are hiring Inventory Specialists to join our team in the LA/Southern California region in March. This is a seasonal, part-time, remote work position that requires US based travel. Syft will be hold Open House interviews on March 23rd, 24th and 25th in the Riverside/LA area. The Open House will be held at the Marriott at the Convention Center, located at 3400 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501.
Starting positions are now available.
- Start your Healthcare Career with Syft, the industry leader in smarter clinical supply chain for US Hospitals
- Syft is hiring Inventory Specialists in Southern California to travel throughout the country to US based hospitals
- Gain valuable healthcare experience performing clinical inventory valuations at an hourly rate of $15.00
- Save money for retirement through our matched 401(k) program
- Learn the hospital supply chain business using Syft technology
- Apply now by submitting your resume or attend our Career Open House
- Attend our Open House in Riverside, CA on Monday March 23rd, Tuesday March 24th or Wednesday March 25th to learn about this healthcare career opportunity
- Job position details and open house information are below
- This position is part-time, seasonal, requires extensive USA travel
- Workdays and hours vary job to job
Syft is looking for responsible, hardworking individuals to perform physical inventories for our healthcare clients – US based hospitals. Requirements include: High school graduate/GED; Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary English language used in the workplace; Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; Ability to use a personal computer and/or bar code scanner to collect data at client sites; Must present a professional appearance; Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel extensively; Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams; Possess an acute attention to detail; Demonstrate versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; Medical and/or pharmaceutical product knowledge is desirable; A State Issued Driver’s License is preferred.
All Syft employees are required to pass a background test and drug screening. Syft prepays all travel related expenses, including airfare, hotels, per diem meals and travel related expenses. Work hours vary, from part-time to full-time, depending on job requirements. Our business needs vary month to month, based on client contracts.
Qualified individuals may apply by submitting a resume now or by attending one of our Recruitment Open Houses on Monday March 23rd, Tuesday March 24th or Wednesday March 25th at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day. The Recruitment Open House will be held at the Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, located at 3400 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Individuals attending this event should plan on being with us for one hour. Please R.S.V.P. for the Open House at 813-522-8449 or reply via Indeed email.
Clinical Inventory Specialist
SUMMARY: Responsible for accurately and efficiently counting consumable medical/surgical supplies, pharmaceuticals, surgical implants, instruments or other hospital assets as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Accurately and efficiently capture inventory count data in the HITS program, in MS Excel or on paper count sheets as instructed by the Team Leader or other Inventory Management.
- Regularly communicate with Team Leader regarding any issues with the HITS program and/or the computer equipment.
- Follow Inventory Counter procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientation and training.
- Follow directions and/or instructions as communicated by the Team Leader in a professional manner.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of customer service, utilization of company equipment and internet usage.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a high level of competency in utilizing technology to facilitate inventory data capture including but not limited to the HITS application.
- Projects a favorable image of the company to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates related to Field Operations.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both written and verbally.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use a personal computer to enter data at client sites.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel extensively.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary English language used in the workplace.
- State Issued Driver’s License and clean driving record preferred.
- Medical and/or pharmaceutical product knowledge a plus
- Analytical – Accurately collects data.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs as appropriate for the position; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Travel extensively to US based hospitals
- Stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Walking for prolonged periods
- Stooping and/or reaching to count products and/or handle equipment
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is normally at a moderate noise level.
Reports directly to Field Manager and/or Assistant Director of Inventory Operations. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Part-time, hourly, seasonal – travel position
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Job Location: REMOTE: This position requires significant travel
LA/Southern CA area based – (Riverside, Corona, San Bernardino) travel position to US hospitals