Job Opening: Manager of Training and Development
- Department Name: Product Management
- Supervisors Title: Vice President, Product
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is seeking a Manager, Training and Development with 7+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and delivering core curriculum and training programs and eLearning services.
The Manager, Training and Development is responsible for driving the design, implementation and delivery of Syft’s product training and organizational learning and education curriculum.
This individual will be responsible for defining, implementing, and managing the organizations content management methodology and framework (processes, tools, and people) while ensuring consistency and efficiency throughout Syft’s documents and documentation methodology. This role prepares and maintains training and reference documentation pertaining to all commercial products sold to our clients. This individual will have a unique cross-functional perspective, playing a big part tying together documentation needs between vital parts of the company, including product management, engineering, implementation, project management, training and marketing. The Manager, Training and Development will also create in-house and on-site software training for our customers. In-house training will involve managing the training lab and its resources, developing training courses and materials, delivering training in classroom and on-line settings and through the company’s Learning Management System (LMS). On-site training will require travel to customer sites and working cross functionally with Syft teams to develop appropriate training materials including product information, process documents, and training videos.
- Curricula / Instructional design experience
- Creation and content management of training program content.
- Training program delivery to internal stakeholders and clients.
- eLearning development and development tool experience.
- Experience consulting on Learning and Performance solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assess training needs, designs and implements core curriculum and training programs.
- Designs, develops, and delivers course content and presentation materials for training.
- Responsible for developing strategies that leverage available blended learning technologies across the organization.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of eLearning courseware that support business objectives.
- Collaborate with team members on cross-functional teams to develop training and performance support interventions including those for systems in a validated environment.
- Direct coordination and collaboration with Syft’s Technical Writer to design, develop, and implement all training program related content.
- Consult with clients and end users to identify appropriate learning and education curriculum and document requirements.
- Leads in the development and administration of the LMS records and associated templates to ensure staff training documentation is complete.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit training procedures and manuals.
- Document help and training materials for Syft core and customer solution-specific product features and functionality.
- Develop and maintain user-training manuals.
- Define, implement and manage the organizations content management methodology and framework (processes, tools, and people) while ensuring consistency and efficiency throughout Syft’s documents and documentation methodology.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a communication or technical discipline, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and delivering core curriculum and training programs and eLearning services in a software product environment.
- Strong training presentation communication skills and experience.
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related software.
- Experience interacting at high levels with multiple company departments to determine product requirements and customer needs.
- Experience in Healthcare Clinical Supply Chain Management preferred.
- The ability to work independently, with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player.
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds.
- Ability to work with offshore development and QA teams recognizing the time zone challenges of an offshore team.
- Meet document project milestones in a timely manner, proactively engage with the project team and advocate for documentation best practices.
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Tenacity, accountability, sense of urgency, results orientated.
- Strong attention to details.
Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office. There will be business travel to customer sites, US hospitals, for training on Syft Synergy platform. Travel will vary and could be up to 70% in certain months.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Manager, Training and Development will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Manager, Training and Development may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Content and Other Relevant Information
The Manager, Training and Development has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Manager, Training and Development will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match