Job Opening : Payroll/Staff Accountant
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Controller
- Location: Tampa, FL (required)
Primary Purpose and Function
The Payroll /Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the company payroll process using Paychex PEO. They will also manage company expense reimbursement and the accounts payable process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing in Paychex PEO and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Partners with Human Resources to maintain payroll and HR records in Paychex.
- Manages company Accounts payable and vendor management.
- Manages all company Expense reporting.
- Assist the Senior Accountant, Controller with certain other monthly accounting tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
- Specific experience (3-5 years) using current Paychex PEO platform.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes with Paychex Software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to achieve company goals.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills are required.
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Payroll/Staff Accountant will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Payroll/Staff Accountant may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Payroll/Staff Accountant has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Payroll/Staff Accountant will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive salary for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match