Job Opening//Tampa: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
- Department Name: Inside Sales
- Report to: Vice President of Inventory Sales
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a key member of the Sales team, responsible for working with a group of seasoned sales and marketing professionals to generate sales leads, schedule appointments/presentation meetings, and qualify leads created by the marketing department. The SDR’s role is to enthusiastically seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with prospective hospital customers within an assigned territory.
To be successful, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns, generated lists, and meeting call volume and sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until handoff at the proper sales stage. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth by cultivating and growing an inventory services revenue stream.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Inventory Sales, the SDR also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization. This role is designed to be the first in a 3-phase path to outside sales. The career path is approximately five years and begins as an SDR, then as an Account Manager managing existing customers, and then leads to outside sales. If high-dollar, complex healthcare inventory services sales are part of your career vision, then this role is an ideal place to begin that journey.
This position will be based in our Tampa, FL. office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Uncover and support the pre-implementation elements of new inventory business sales
- Achieve monthly lead quotas
- Conduct outbound calls to customers and prospects to gather information and initiate the first step in identifying those parties interested in learning more about the company’s products and services; quality and quantity of calls are equally important
- Utilize Salesforce.com daily to achieve focused outreach. Update accounts, leads, contacts, log activities according to sales department best practices, policies, and procedures
- Monitor and leverage industry news (e.g. Modern Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthcare Purchasing News) as a means of identifying new contacts and opportunities
- Utilize social media (LinkedIn) and Group Purchasing Organization member rosters to influence interest in Syft
- Monitor bid calendars and assist with the online vendor registration process
- Send tailored outbound introductory emails and literature
- Obtain prospects’ scope of work requirements and assist with proposal preparation
- Weekday outbound calling from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, full-time position with no weekend hours
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
- Working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Field Operations, and Inventory Account/Project Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience
- Prior experience in telemarketing, lead generation, or sales
- Experience in the hospital, healthcare, or inventory services industry is preferred, but not required
- Sales “DNA.” Process-oriented but still knows how to sell. Ideally, has carried a lead generation quota at some time in his/her career
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to detail, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smartphone, WebEx)
Travel is not expected. However, as part of initial training and company introduction, participation in an on-site physical inventory project is highly recommended.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The SDR will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the SDR may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The SDR has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The SDR will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company-sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.