Job Opening: Senior Accountant
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Controller
- Location: Tampa, FL (required)
Primary Purpose and Function
The Senior Accountant serves as a key member of the Finance Team and will play a key role in implementing the infrastructure and systems needed to support Syft’s strategic plan and substantial growth over the next three to five years.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement account reconciliation including bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepares and reviews necessary month-end close journal entries.
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of the annual audit work papers and the IRS Form 990-PF filing.
- Assist the Controller with the preparation of the Syft budget and forecasts.
- Spearhead the company’s collection process.
- Maintain key schedules including revenue and expense tracking.
- Assist in company’s monthly consolidation process.
- Prepare monthly job level gross margin analysis.
- Assist in maintenance of Syft’s finance policy & procedures manual.
- Continually evaluate finance and accounting policies and systems for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all company finance and accounting policies and procedures are being followed.
- Other work as assigned by the CFO, Vice President, Finance & HR, or Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- BS in Accounting.
- Computer skills in MS Excel required.
- Experience creating and using pivot tables & v-lookups required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- 7 to 10 years of related experience.
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, and technical ability in financial information systems.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Word; knowledge of Sage 50 a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards, including software and SaaS experience.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and a team player.
- Experience with Paychex payroll processing a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Senior Accountant will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Senior Accountant may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Senior Accountant has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Senior Accountant will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive salary for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match