Job Opening//Tampa: Senior Product Manager
- Department Name: Product Management
- Report to: Chief Product Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the product lifecycle for a segment, or segments of our Supply Chain Automation (SCM) and clinical analytics software modules and platform, as well as our service line offerings including data management consulting and physical inventory service lines.
The Senior Product Manager aids in the development of new and developed versions of existing software products, and service-line offerings, and in the development of new product ideas based on his or her experience and interactions with customers and prospective customers.
The Senior Product Manager regularly performs market, competitive, pricing, and profitability analyses, which are used to recommend strategies and priorities that will improve the business’s product’s market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition. The Senior Product Manager manages the requirements definition and design process through internal stakeholder and external client discussions and coordinates product release and requirements management activities with our Hyderabad, India-based offshore development team. This role will coordinate daily with our Hyderabad development team (~ 70 FTE) attending scrums, managing product backlogs, managing requirements, and working to ensure quality and timely delivery of releases and functionally.
This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer and our overall product strategy is governed by a newly-formed Product Council which is made up of cross-functional senior executives and external industry thought leaders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- As the product owner, define product development directions (features, user experience, application flow and optimizations), backlog priorities, and drive ongoing product initiatives in close collaboration with the Development team
- For new product features, coordinate UI/UX design through user-centric design processes and clearly describe user stories and epics, inputs and outputs, application behavior and error handling, to guide the Development team
- Research and collaborate with the development team and CTO on documentation and process improvements, including formalized software product development/scrum tools (ie Jira/Atlassian, Confluence, etc.)
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Supports strategic planning and manages product lifecycle execution from roadmap to market launch
- Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product including both Supply Chain Automation and Clinical and Perioperative Analytics.
- Responsible for assisting Marketing and other groups with the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, SEs, Marketing, and any partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Listens to customers and using active listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their strategic and solution needs
- Presentation, public speaking, and writing as needed in internal team meetings and to further the Syft product portfolio with clients and future prospective clients
- Help to drive sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
- Present and champion the product vision within the organization and coordinate the execution of the marketing plans with the various stakeholders and departments;
- Track and report progress and performance of projects and recommend improvements
- Coordinates with Marketing on product-focused research of competitor products to understand similarities and differences in features and functionality
- Works closely with the SVP (or equivalent function) and Sales Executives to understand competitive gaps affecting Sales bookings
- Leads Product/Sales Training, including the release of Products and Services to the field sales team to ensure effective “Stories” are being told and presented.
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with prospects, customers, and partners including leading a to-be-formed Customer Product Advisory Group.
- Trusted advisory relationships with partners, prospects, and customers including leading a to-be-formed Customer Product Advisory Group
- Business partner-level relationships with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Professional Services
- Supportive relationships with Senior VP of Sales or equivalent including the Director of Sales Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience; ideally a Master’s Degree;
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
- Direct experience in healthcare Supply Chain Management, ERPs, and Automation space required
- Experience in Perioperative Analytics space preferred; clinical product management background highly desired
- Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
- Experience with agile methodologies, scrum and scrum master, etc required
- Experience in .NET environments as well a modular, SaaS-based platform delivery model highly preferred
- UI and UX background, including both app and web-based presentation highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Product Manager role (or equivalent), preferably in a healthcare software company
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Fluent in English; ability to and experience working with offshore Indian software development and QA teams recognizing the time zone challenges of an offshore team
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, smart phone, WebEx)
Travel throughout the US is required from time to time for customer visits, conference, and training. Participation in field events and conferences, corporate events, customer meetings, and more is expected from time to time.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Senior Product Manager will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Senior Product Manager may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Senior Product Manager has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft brand portfolio. The Senior Product Manager will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compentation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.