Job Opening//Tampa, FL: Senior Supply Chain Engineer
- Department Name: Professional Services
- Reports to: Manager, Supply Chain Services
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is seeking a client-focused Senior Supply Chain Engineer to execute technical planning, architecture, implementation, and installation of on-premises Syft software solutions that result in a successful deployment within each client’s environment. This position requires travel within North America.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan, architect, implement, and install Syft software solutions; this includes assessing the client’s current workflow environment, supporting the creation of the business analysis, configuring the Syft Synergy database, installing the Syft system software, performing end-to-end system testing, integrating with external systems (such as ERPs and EHRs), and training the clients system’s administrator and help desk
- Applicant must live in Tampa area
- Troubleshoot local client environments to optimize the performance of the Syft system
- Instruct technical training courses for local client and implementation partners
- Develop and document best practices and deployment guidelines; contribute to the Technical Support knowledge base; develop technical training materials and ensure local client support team is able to manage Syft application
- Collaborate with clinical leads to assist in the collection of workflow requirements and architect a workflow to meet clinical and technical requirements
- Manage SCM relationships within a hospital setting
- Coordinate activities with the Syft Sales and Services teams
- Effectively communicate project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely, consistent, and clear manner
- All other duties, as reasonably assigned by Syft management
- Ability to successfully meet implementation timelines in a fast-paced vendor environment with high client expectations and limited resources
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills resulting in the discovery and resolution of hidden issues some of which may be related to source data
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous client engagements
- Exposure to integrating with ERP systems
- Successful track record integrating with third-party systems utilizing HL7
- Demonstrated ability to collect, document, and negotiate client requirements
- Efficient, organized, self-starter capable of managing competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with clients, partners and internal teams through strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to teach technical courses and present information to technical audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience in client-facing technical services or support role.
- 5+ years of experience deploying technology in the Healthcare market or similar experience in other services industries such as supply chain and warehouse
- 3+ years of direct experience with PeopleSoft FSCM
- In-depth experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft server-based environments, including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven experience with structured implementation methodologies, with an emphasis on end-to-end testing of complex systems including troubleshooting skills.
- 50% – 60% travel required
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Senior Supply Chain Engineer will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Senior Supply Chain Engineer may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information:
The Senior Supply Chain Engineer has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Senior Supply Chain Engineer will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company-sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.