Job Opening : Senior Vice President of Sales
- Department Name: Sales
- Supervisors Title: CEO
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
The Senior Vice President of Sales (SVP) is the most senior Sales executive at Syft and an integral member of the Executive team, responsible for all Syft new sales, renewals, reporting, and account management for all products and services. The SVP’s primary role is to deliver on the published quota of net new business and renewals for the company each period.
The SVP leads a team of approximately 20 US-based FTE’s including roles of VP of Software Sales (4-6 FTE’s). VP of Inventory Sales (1), Account Managers (4), Director of Solutions Engineering team (2), Solutions Development Representatives (4), a Director of Sales Operations, and more. The team is a mix of Tampa-based personnel, mostly inside Sales and Sales Operations, and field-based and quota-driven territory Salespeople, and Sales support staff. The SVP will have approximately 7-9 direct reports including all territory and field-based sales reps, the Director of Sales Operations, and the Director of Solutions Engineering. This is a growing team with complex compensation plans supporting a complex enterprise platform sale to US hospitals.
Operating as the senior executive for all Sales matters, the SVP of Sales will work closely with a cross-functional internal team by enthusiastically supporting and monitoring the entire Sales and renewal process. Over time it is possible that other functions will report to the SVP including potentially Marketing, Chief Nursing Officer and clinical sales staff, and Strategic Partnerships. Today these functions report to the CEO and that should be expected to continue until decided otherwise. This role will exclusively lead all direct Sales and renewal functions from the outset.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the SVP of Sales also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role will work closely with our Professional Services, Products, Engineering, Financial, Marketing and Clinical leadership.
This role will also be expected to present to the Syft Board of Directors and Investors from time to time.
This position will be based in Tampa, FL and work routinely out of the Tampa offices. Furthermore, high amounts of travel in the US is expected. This is not a home-based position as approximately half of the team works daily out of the Tampa offices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Achieve Sales goals as defined and budgeted each period including net new SaaS sales, existing software customer renewals, net new Inventory Services sales, and existing Inventory Services renewals.
- Build, cultivate, and lead the entire Sales organization of the company including net new Sales, renewals, and Account Management (via the Director of Sales Operations).
- Lead, via the Director of Sales Operations, the Sales Development Representative team to drive lead generation and Inventory expansion activities and quotas.
- Create strategies to drive all teams to work cohesively, optimizing each to maximize bookings
- Collaborating with the CEO and CFO to optimize existing revenue models and create new revenue streams, complete yearly budgeting, and compensation plans and models.
- Drive solutions with the Sales Operations team to optimize the company’s ability to generate more revenue and improve customer retention
- Complete and present routinely on sales metrics, performance assessments, deliver coaching and feedback, team succession planning and training.
- Work with product leaders to provide customer driven feedback and direction to build products that meet customer needs.
- Provide a bi-annual Sales Plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the Plan
- Build key customer relationships with existing and future Syft customers
- Report on all sales results (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and pipeline routinely
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our proposals and architecture documents, including assisting Professional Services or Master Data Management Services with quoting and planning, solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Assist with all selling including presenting our products and services to prospective customers
- Collaborate to share best practices and support a cohesive sales approach
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Lead RFI/RFP responses from a technical subject matter expertise perspective
- Working with the Vice President of Strategic Alliances, ensures a cohesive relationship with all GPO, 1099 Agent and Referral Partners and technology partners.
- Prepare reports on account status as needed by the CEO or Board of Directors including owning all aspects of Salesforce.com (via the Director of Sales Operations).
- Working relationships with Sales, Software Project Management, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Business Development and Professional Services.
- This role will also have relationships with Board members, including Private Equity and private investors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical discipline required; Masters is preferred
- Proven work experience as an SVP of Sales, Chief Revenue or Commercial Officer or relevant role
- Previous experience working in a Software-as-a-Service technology firm preferred
- Previous experience working in a healthcare technology firm preferred
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx). Deep proficiency with Salesforce.com and Outlook is expected.
US-based travel is expected up to 60%.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The SVP of Sales will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the SVP of Sales may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Content and Other Relevant Information
The SVP of Sales has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The SVP of Sales will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match