Job Opening//Remote: SVP of Federal Sector
- Department Name: Sales
- Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
- Location: Remote
Primary Purpose and Function
The SVP, Federal Sector is responsible defining the strategic sales leadership, while overseeing all government business relationships, partnerships and alliances for the organization. Primary responsibilities include documenting relationship planning and strategy, partnership progress among many various facets of the business, and forecasting of financial impact due to these partnerships and alliances. For instance, the SVP, Federal Sector will lead all referral, agent, and federal reseller relationships of the business, as well as all technical, co-sell, and cross sell relationship with partner companies.
Under the direction of the Chief Commercial Officer, our Senior Vice President of Federal Sector is responsible for defining the strategic vision, thought leadership, and robust federal account management. This leader will oversee engagement with Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Technical Sales, Customer Support, Product, and clients in the development of new growth, and will be responsible for total federal sales performance in the respective sales regions, with a focus on growing enterprise sales.
This role will directly lead and manage all relationships with both technical and software development partnerships (for instance, Cerner and DMLSS). Furthermore, this role will lead responses to customer requests (including Federal solicitations) and for business to business partnerships. This role will work closely with Marketing on developing, maintaining and executing on Federal centric marketing campaigns.
Reporting directly to the CCO, the SVP, Federal Sector will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, organize and manage the government partnership, business development, and alliances opportunities and efforts of multiple SYFT product lines and service offerings.
- Create a strategy for all indirect selling channels including co-sell, resell, cross-sell, or referral/agency programs.
- Manage all technical integration relationships with the manufacturers of those solutions. Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates technology partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management as it relates to all partnerships, alliances, and business development relationships.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement by leveraging select partnerships.
- Over time, forecasts commercial impact of partnerships and alliances.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Implements and administers enabling technologies and partnerships to expand Sales bookings.
- Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments such as technical integrations with partner companies.
- Works closely with customers on requests for relationships such as technical integrations.
- Leads all contracting, MOU and other business relationship definition and terms for all technical and commercial partnerships.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Responsible for driving net new bookings via the Sales team, on all partnerships and alliances.
- Business partner-level relationships with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services.
- Trusted advisory relationships with US government customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience; ideally a Master’s Degree.
- Previous experience Business Development or Partner relations experienced for a Software-as-a-Service technology firm required within a government setting.
- Experience managing Partnerships programs, including Developer partnerships, resell, cross-sell, and co-sell relationships required.
- Experience in healthcare software required.
- Experience leading US government relationships in healthcare is required.
- Sales “DNA.” Process oriented but still knows how to sell. Ideally has carried a quota at some time in his/her career and/or managed a team of inside sales reps.
- Direct experience in Supply Chain Management and Automation and perioperative Analytics software is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player.
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds.
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx)
- Compliance with CRM cadences for Federal sector contacts and opportunities
- Knowledge of current government acquisition protocols (i.e. FAR, DFAR)
Travel throughout the US is required is expected to be up to 50% for customer and partner visits. Participation in field events and conferences, corporate events, customer meetings, and more is expected from time to time.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The SVP, Federal Sector will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the SVP, Federal Sector may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The SVP, Federal Sector has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The SVP, Federal Sector will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.