Job Opening : Technical Support & Functional Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist
- Department: Software
- Reports to: Director of DevOps
- Location: Tampa, FL (required)
Primary Purpose and Function
The Technical Support & Functional Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is the initial contact for all Syft software customer issues received via phone or email and is responsible for thoroughly documenting these tasks in Salesforce. The Specialist is responsible for performing all Syft Point of Use (POU) support and gathering all useful diagnostic information and executing in accordance with Syft’s Service Level Agreement (SLA). In addition, the Specialist is responsible for performing functional quality assurance on software releases that have been technically QA’d by our development department. QA duties will include reviewing and analyzing system specifications, executing test scripts and reviewing results, and reporting and documenting technical issues. This is to ensure customers are delivered software that is functionally stable.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Answering all inbound support phone calls for Syft synergy software during specified business hours.
- RThoroughly documenting support calls and emails into Salesforce.
- Carrying a company after-hours cell phone to respond to incoming customer support calls on a regular basis.
- Escalating & transferring support issues accordingly.
- Reporting escalated issues to appropriate management staff.
- Performing functional quality assurance on pre-tested software.
- Review & analyzing system specifications.
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results.
- Reporting any functional issues identified during QA back to development team.
- Maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor when communicating with customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a high-volume support center required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a software support environment.
- Previous experience performing quality assurance on software preferred.
- Previous experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Ability to analyze and effectively troubleshoot required.
- Ability to meet service level agreements (SLAs) for support tasks.
- Ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to communicate and work with an offshore team as needed.
Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office. No travel is expected with this position.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Technical Support & Functional QA Specialist will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Technical Support & Functional QA Specialist may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Technical Support & Functional QA Specialist has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Technical Support & Functional QA Specialist will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive salary for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match