Job Opening//Tampa: Travel Logistics Coordinator
- Department Name: Field Operations
- Reports to: Director, Inventory Operations
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is a leading provider of Supply Chain Automation and Analytics solutions to US hospitals. Syft has been in business over 21 years, is private equity-backed and has a long list of prestigious clients to its credit. Syft has 85 employees based in the Tampa, FL office and a similar number of technical employees in its Hyderabad, India office. Syft is seeking a Travel Logistics Coordinator role to coordinate all travel for Field Operations staff including but not limited to: Reservations for air travel, rental cars and hotel rooms. Must notify all affected staff of documented travel arrangements in a timely manner. Compares travel costs to ensure the most cost-effective options are identified and utilized when it makes the best business sense. Assist with staffing of physical inventories and/or compliance with third party vendor credential requirements as needed. Provide analysis of travel arrangement cost and operations efficiencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Completes travel arrangements for Field Operations staff (and others as requested) with air, hotel, car, and other ground transportation vendors at the lowest possible fares. Utilizes preferred vendors to minimize expense for Field Operations budget thereby maximizing profit for Syft.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of customer service, utilization of company equipment and Internet productivity, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.
- Participates fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the travel needs of the staff, including ticket/itinerary processing, clerical functions, travel credits, etc.
- Researches and provides solutions to travel-related problems staff may have experienced with arrangements provided to them by a Logistics Coordinator
- Fully informed and stays abreast of all airline rules and regulations and other industry requirements which may impact travel for our staff and accurately communicates and applies this information when making travel arrangements
- Assists in all facets of inventory team logistics, inventory operations recruitment, inventory staff scheduling and inventory budgeting
- Maintains a high level of competency in utilizing technology to make such travel arrangements including but not limited to internet usage, MS Office software, etc
- Working knowledge of online travel booking systems such as Egencia, American Express, Expedia Business plus online corporate airline and hotel booking sites
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates related to Field Operations and its impact to travel coordination as well as office procedures
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness
- Must be responsive to team members to assist with travel-related issues even during off-hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have demonstrated expertise with MS Office software, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Must have demonstrated competency in the use of the Internet to search and secure travel arrangements such as airfare, hotel and ground transportation services
- Must maintain confidentiality related to personnel or financial information shared in the performance of the core responsibilities of the position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Acute attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs workflows and procedures
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem-solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost-saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources
- Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values, benefits organization through outside activities, supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed
- Position will work out of the Syft Tampa, Florida office (not a remote position)
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Travel Logistics Coordinator will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Travel Logistics Coordinator may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Travel Logistics Coordinator has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Travel Logistics Coordinator will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.