Job Opening//Tampa: Vice President of Sales, Decedent Solutions
- Department Name: Sales
- Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL (qualified remote candidates considered)
Primary Purpose and Function
The Vice President of Sales, Decedent Solutions (VP) is responsible for all Syft new sales, reporting, and account management for Syft’s recently launched Decedent Management (DM) software-based solution, which is a specialty/niche add-on to our robust, enterprise supply chain platform for healthcare, Syft Synergy. This effectively is a new product launch, developed in conjunction with a large and well-respected regional hospital system who have been using the solution for more than a year, and the time is right to begin to invest in establishing this market. The VP of Sales primary role is to deliver on the published Syft Synergy Decedent Management quota of net new business for the company each period.
We are seeking someone who is a professional Sales executive that deeply understands decedent workflow in US healthcare including various aspects or departments such as morgues, Office of Decedent Affairs, funeral homes, State and County Health Departments, etc. This role will help to develop this market including identifying early opportunities, growing the early opportunities in the pipeline now, successful selling strategies, targeted accounts, customer decision-makers and personas to understand and penetrate, messaging and positioning, and select business partnerships to pursue which can grow the business.
Reporting directly to the CCO, the VP of Sales also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role will work closely with our Professional Services, Products, Engineering, Financial, Marketing and Clinical leadership.
This position ideally will be based in Tampa, FL and work routinely out of the Tampa offices. Consideration will be given for qualified, remote candidates. Furthermore, high amounts of travel in the US is expected and extensive Zoom/web collaboration calls are routine in this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Achieve Sales goals as defined and budgeted each period including net new Decedent Management SaaS sales.
- Comply with required Salesforce.com reporting and documentation as required by Syft Sales Ops
- Drive DM solutions with the Sales Operations team to optimize the company’s ability to generate more revenue and improve customer retention
- Complete and present routinely on DM sales metrics, performance assessments, deliver coaching and feedback, team succession planning and training.
- Work with product leaders to provide customer driven feedback and direction to grow and improve the DM product.
- Provide a bi-annual Sales Plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the Plan
- Build key customer relationships with existing and future Syft customers
- Report on all sales results (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and pipeline routinely
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our proposals and architecture documents, including assisting Professional Services with quoting and planning, solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Collaborate to share best practices and support a cohesive sales approach
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Lead RFI/RFP responses from a technical subject matter expertise perspective
- Working with the Vice President of Strategic Alliances, or resource as assigned, ensures a cohesive relationship with all GPO, 1099 Agent and Referral Partners and technology partners.
- Customer decedent affairs, morgue and third-party relationships involved in the decedent workflow including funeral homes, State and County Health agencies, and other solutions involved in this aspect of a hospital.
- Working relationships with Sales, Software Project Management, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Business Development and Professional Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical discipline required
- Proven work experience in Sales of solutions involving Decedent workflow is a firm requirement
- Previous experience working in a Software-as-a-Service technology firm preferred
- Previous experience working in a healthcare technology firm preferred
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills; a positive force within a team – we are seeking a self-started to get this product from one large customer, to many customers as quickly as possible.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smart phone, WebEx).
- Deep proficiency with Salesforce.com and Outlook is required and expected.
- Proficiency with regulatory impact on Decedent Tracking at State/Federal level.
US-based travel is expected up to 60%.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The VP of Sales will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the VP of Sales of Sales may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The VP of Sales has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of SYFT’s brand portfolio. The VP of Sales will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.