Job Opening: Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
- Department Name: Executive
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Location: Tampa, FL or remote
Primary Purpose and Function
The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for overseeing all business relationships, partnerships and alliances for the organization for both commercial and technical relationships, supporting a direct sales channel and exploring opportunities to create an indirect model of co-sell, cross-sell and/or resale channels. Primary responsibilities include documenting and executing existing partnership planning and strategy, partnership progress among many various facets of the business, and forecasting of financial impact due to these partnerships and alliances. This role is tasked with driving our partnerships to the most optimal level, per the business strategy, in the shortest amount of time. This is a time urgent role requiring a high-energy executive.
This role will directly lead and manage all relationships with both technical and software development partnerships (Oracle, Infor, Cerner, Meditech, Epic, TrackCore and others), GPOs (HealthTrust, Premier and Vizient), major consulting groups (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Accenture, Huron Consulting, and others), and select federal procurement vehicles and resellers. Furthermore, this role will lead responses to customer requests for partnerships or technical. This role will work closely with marketing on developing, maintaining and executing marketing campaigns, as well as stakeholders in both our software development organization, sales, and services businesses. Again, speed to market is key and a high energy, can-do-quickly mindset is required.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization are supported. This role wholly owns all technical and commercial partnerships and alliances for the business worldwide. This position will be based in our Tampa, FL. office or can be based remotely.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Identifies, develops, organizes and manages the partnership, business development, and alliances opportunities and efforts of multiple Syft product lines and service offerings
- Creates a strategy for fast success all indirect selling channels including co-sell, resell, cross-sell, or referral/agency programs
- Manages all GPO (group purchasing organizations) relationships
- Manages all technical integration relationships with the manufacturers of those solutions. Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates technology partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management as it relates to all partnerships, alliances, and business development relationships
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationships
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement by leveraging select partnerships
- Over time, forecasts commercial impact of partnerships and alliances
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements
- Implements and administers enabling technologies and partnerships to expand sales bookings
- Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments such as technical integrations with partner companies
- Works closely with customers on requests for relationships such as technical integrations
- Leads all contracting, MOU and other business relationship definition and terms for all technical and commercial partnerships
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- Responsible for driving net new bookings via the sales team, on all partnerships and alliances
- Business partner-level relationships with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services
- Trusted advisory relationships with prospects and customers
- Relationships with key members of the Syft Board of Directors to facilitate partnerships and alliances
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience; ideally a master’s degree
- Previous strategic partnerships/partner relations experienced for a Software-as-a-Service technology firm required
- Experience managing partnerships programs, including developer partnerships, resell, cross-sell, and co-sell relationships required
- Experience in healthcare software required
- Experience leading GPO relationships in healthcare highly preferred
- Sales “DNA”- Process oriented but still knows how to sell. Ideally has carried a quota at some time in his/her career and/or managed a team of inside sales reps
- Direct experience in Supply Chain Management (SCM) and automation and perioperative analytics software is highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- High-energy personality with good communication skills is a firm requirement
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving disposition, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, solve problems, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion, on time and in an expedited manner and with high energy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize Expectation for fast execution is firm
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smartphone, WebEx)
Travel throughout the U.S. is required and is expected to be up to 50% for customer and partner visits, conference, and training. Participation in field events and conferences, corporate events, customer meetings, and more is expected from time to time.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.