Syft’s Brion Bailey, and Marita Parks share their top ORBM session recommendations.
5 Minute Read | The OR Business Management Conference (ORBM) is nearly here. With so many great sessions to choose from, it may be difficult to determine where to spend your time. To help, we’ve reviewed all of the sessions, and identified our top recommendations.
In addition to taking advantage of these educational opportunities, consider setting aside some time to connect with us at ORBM. Feel free to stop by our booth #10, schedule a time to meet one-on-one, or enjoy a free drink with us during our Sip with Syft event, held Tuesday, January 28, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. We’d love to see you.Register to Sip with Syft
Our ORBM 2020 Session Recommendations
- Opening Keynote: No Margin, No Mission – Maximizing Your Profit Margins With A Focused Approach January 28, 8 a.m.-9 a.m. We’re very excited about the topic of this keynote, and several of our team members plan to attend. During this presentation, David Wildebrandt, MHA, Managing Director of Berkeley Research Group, LLC, will discuss how to create a more effective service line strategy, define which markets you serve, reconfigure growth initiatives, and redefine key performance indicators. Related: Check out Marita’s recent article in Supply Chain Strategies & Solutions magazine: 5 Ways to Overcome Resistance to Optimizing the Supply Chain
- Re-engineering ‘Spaghetti’ Supplies in the OR January 28, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. At Syft, we’re keenly focused on using technology to help hospitals form stronger partnerships and workflows between supply chain management staff and OR clinical staff. This optimizes efficiency and leads to more cost-effective, high-quality decision making. This session will provide you with the opportunity to hear directly from leaders at Inova Health who experienced significant success as a result of an innovative approach. Related: Check out Brion’s recent article in which he discusses the top ways supply chain management is changing.
- Evolution or Revolution? Creating a Perioperative Expense Reduction Team Tuesday, January 28, 12:45 p.m.-1:45 p.m. We don’t need to tell you how critical it is to identify cost-savings opportunities systemwide, and perioperative services is no exception. During this session, you’ll hear how the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center created a dedicated perioperative expense reduction team to meet cost reduction goals. Related: Eight Ways To Reduce Your Supply Chain Costs
- Fear Isn’t Free: Reduce Waste and Save Through Physician Preference Card Standardization Wednesday, January 29, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. At Syft, we’ve made preference card optimization a top priority. Healthcare executives can’t ignore opportunities to optimize their supply chains, and outdated physician preference cards are one of the biggest supply chain management challenges. During this session, you’ll learn how UMC Health System successfully standardized its physician preference cards. Learn how the Syft Synergy preference card management solution ensures more accurate case picking helping to prevent supply waste and returns.
- Power and Perils of Data Analytics Wednesday, January 29, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Data is only valuable to hospitals when it provides actionable information. At Syft, we’re dedicated to ensuring hospitals receive the right data, at the right time, for the right needs. This presentation, led by the director of surgical analytics at Venderbilt University Medical Center, will highlight top data challenges and opportunities.
- A Surgeon’s Take on Case Receipts Wednesday, January 29, 4:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m. We know that surgical case receipt initiatives can lead to significant cost savings for hospitals, but this presentation will provide a valuable opportunity to hear about surgical case receipt directly from a surgeon’s perspective. Kevin Kaplan, MD, team physician orthopedic surgeon at Jacksonville Jaguars/Baptist Medical Center, will share his experience.
Our Other Top ORBM 2020 Session Recommendations
- A Sustainable OR Can Exist: Utilizing Data for Efficiency and Throughput Tuesday, January 28, 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Show Me the Money: Incentivizing Productivity Tuesday, January 28, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- The Art of Sharing: Maximizing Perioperative Equipment Utilization Tuesday, January 28, 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Thinking Outside the Box to Efficiently Manage Supply Chain Wednesday, January 29, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Sustainable Gains Follow Meaningful Change in Supply Management Mindset Wednesday, January 29, 12:45 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Breakfast Keynote: Increasing OR Access, Accountability, and Transparency at Duke University Health Care System Thursday, January 30, 7:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
- Cost Control: Understanding the Hidden Cost of Implants Thursday, January 30, 10:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
We hope this list helps ensure you have a productive and informative ORBM experience. Don’t forget to set up a meeting with us or register for Sip with Syft. We’d love to see you there!Register to Sip with Syft