Virtual Events on Creating a Nurse-Centric Supply Chain
4 Minute Read | We’re inviting AORN attendees to join us for four exclusive virtual panel discussions to hear OR and procedural area supply chain improvement tips from industry experts. Read below to learn more about the AORN events and key learning objectives.
Attendees will also be entered into a raffle for a Google Home!
1. The Cost of Expired/Recalled Supplies: Patient Safety and Margins in Jeopardy
Optimize your processes and proactively identify problems
Each year, we perform nearly 800 inventory counts across the country, and we’ve found that nearly all of our hospital partners are storing numerous expired and recalled products. This session’s panelists will discuss:
- How expired/recalled items present patient safety risks, create compliance problems, and result in significant waste
- Real examples of the high cost of expired/recalled items within hospitals
- How hospitals and nurse leaders can more proactively identify expired/recalled items
- Session followed by a live Q&A with Syft’s clinical and inventory experts
2. How to Streamline Your Tissue/Biologics Supply Capture and Documentation Process
Improve efficiency, safety, and compliance
Most hospitals struggle with cumbersome tissue and biologic management processes. There’s a better way! This session will explore:
- How to create safer workflows
- How to create more efficient workflows
- How to create more compliant workflows
- Session followed by a live Q&A hosted by Syft’s Vice President, Clinical Solutions
3. Preference Cards — What a Pain!
How hospitals can optimize preference cards to improve nurse workflows and satisfaction
A recent survey of 100 frontline OR nurses and OR leaders found that only 3% said their hospital’s preference cards are always accurate. This is a huge source of dissatisfaction for nurses and surgeons. This session’s panelists will discuss:
- Top challenges nurses face with inaccurate preference cards
- How optimizing preference cards can improve nurse efficiency
- The steps hospitals can take to make improvements
4. Four Reasons Your Hospital Needs a New Decedent Management/Organ Harvesting Approach
Improve efficiency, enhance compliance, support patients’ families, and save more lives
Hospitals’ processes for managing patients after death tend to be arduous and inefficient. It doesn’t need to be that way! This session’s panelists will discuss how a new approach to decedent management leads to:
- More efficient workflows
- Reduced risk and enhanced compliance
- More organ donations
- Session followed by a Q&A
How to Attend
The live presentations will be exclusive for AORN attendees. Registration for the events will open on Saturday, August 7th on the AORN virtual conference platform. To save your spot, visit the Syft virtual booth and you will find a listing of all of our live presentations or you can click the direct link above to register. Once you have registered, you can add the event to your calendar (i.e., Outlook, iCal, or Gmail).
If you are unable to join the live presentations, complete the form below to request the on-demand recordings.