Job Opening : Implementation Engineer
- Department Name: Professional Services Team
- Reports to: Director, Implementation
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is seeking a customer-focused Implementation Engineer to execute technical planning, architecture, implementation, and installation of on-premise Syft software solutions that result in a successful deployment within each customer’s environment. This position requires extensive travel within North America.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan, architect, implement, and install Syft software solutions; this includes assessing the customer’s current workflow environment, supporting the creation of the business analysis, configuring the @Par database, installing the Syft system software, performing end-to-end system testing, integrating with external systems (such as ERPs and EHRs), and training the customers system’s administrator and help desk
- Troubleshoot customer environments to optimize the performance of the Syft system
- Instruct technical training courses for customers and implementation partners
- Develop and document best practices and deployment guidelines; contribute to the Technical Support knowledge base; develop technical training materials
- Collaborate with clinical leads to assist in the collection of workflow requirements and architect a workflow to meet clinical and technical requirements
- Transfer knowledge to Syft customer’s technical staff to enable them to successfully maintain Syft solutions
- Coordinate activities with the Syft Sales and Services teams
- Effectively communicate project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely, consistent, and clear manner
- Ability to successfully meet implementation timelines in a fast-paced vendor environment with high customer expectations and limited resources
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills resulting in the discovery and resolution of hidden issues some of which may be related to source data
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous customer engagements
- Exposure to integrating with ERP systems
- Successful track record integrating with third party systems utilizing HL7
- Demonstrated ability to collect, document and negotiate customer requirements
- Efficient, organized, self-starter capable of managing competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with customers, partners and internal teams through strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to teach technical courses and present information to technical audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a customer-facing technical services or support role.
- In depth experience installing, administering and troubleshooting Microsoft server-based environments.
- Proven experience with structured implementation methodologies, with an emphasis on end-to-end testing of complex systems including troubleshooting skills.
- Experience deploying technology in the Healthcare market is highly desired or similar experience in other services industries such as supply chain and warehouse
50% – 60% travel required mainly throughout North America
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Implementation Engineer will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Implementation may come into contact with confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Implementation Engineer has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of the Syft brand portfolio. The Implementation Engineer will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match