Job Opening//Tampa: Sales Director
- Department Name: Sales
- Report to: VP, Inventory Sales
- Location: Tampa, FL or remote
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is hiring a Director of Sales to increase our hospital physical inventory service customer base with a targeted focus on sales to supply chain, perioperative, and pharmacy leaders. Position requires a collaborative team member to build brand awareness and drive new business and revenue in the US market.
- Execute sales strategies and processes from prospecting, negotiation, close and post-sale client interactions as needed
- Have a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape including IDNs and GPOs
- Have excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Conduct in-person and web meetings with potential clients to determine their needs and present Syft’s solutions
- Deliver insights and navigate sales cycle with senior stakeholders
- Successfully sell service solutions to hospital-based consumers from purchasing and procurement to the c-suite
- Be a self-motivated, growth-oriented achiever with high attention to detail
- Build and maintain relationships with prospects including utilizing your existing network of professional contacts
- Research and target prospects for new business opportunities; monitor and leverage industry news and social media to create new opportunities
- Stay current with trends and competitors
- Collect and analyze information for proposals and sales reports
- Post-contract follow-through as needed to assure successful implementation of service by inventory business unit colleagues (Field Operations, Project Management, Production teams)
This Sales position is an integral part of Syft’s sales strategy, responsible for creating long-term, trusting relationships with our hospital customers across the US. The primary role is to develop new business relationships within an assigned segment of our business. The Sales Director will partner with a cross-functional internal team to enthusiastically promote Syft’s services selling to key hospital stakeholders via direct email marketing, cold-calling, social media, and meetings.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with account management software (CRM – specifically Salesforce.com), have a drive for client communication, understand healthcare buying behaviors, and meet sales quotas. You will use your dynamic communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospects, connecting with and influencing stakeholders and decision-makers. You will establish and maintain a positive experience from first contact throughout the entire account lifecycle. Ultimately, your efforts will contribute to Syft’s immediate and long-term business growth.
Working directly with the VP of Inventory Sales, the Sales Director will ensure the objectives of their role are appropriately prioritized and initiatives are effectively supported as part of the greater strategy of Syft’s sales organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support and influence successful customer purchases by establishing yourself as a trusted advisor
- Build and keep current a pipeline of all new business opportunities
- Daily management of Salesforce.com to maintain accurate data for effective reporting associated with accounts, leads, contacts, opportunities, and forecasting; leverage procedures and best practices
- Manage and own the sales cycle for opportunities from prospecting to close
- Maintain a strategic plan in partnership with the VP of Inventory Sales and Inside Sales for each account for the purpose of overcoming account challenges, developing stronger relationships, and growing existing revenue
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings
- Leverage customer satisfaction to foster and enroll customer references
- Clearly communicate and manage the progress of new and ongoing customer initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Immediately communicate any account concerns or issues to the VP of Inventory Sales and VP Inventory Operations to ensure the best proactive responses
- Leverage intelligence gathered from Field Service Manager notes to expand Syft solutions within inventory accounts
- Utilize KPI’s (key performance indicators) to improve individual performance, uncover development opportunities, and drive sales results
- Accomplish department and organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; always exploring best practices for efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Syft management
- Weekday, full-time hours range from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm typically; this is an exempt position that may require periodic after-hours/weekend availability to address sales inquiries, travel for sales training, industry conferences, and/or service-related issues
Cross-Functional Internal Team
- Sales, Marketing, Field Operations, Project Management, and the Syft Executive Management team
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed For The Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field and/or experience
- Experience and success in healthcare sales or relevant role
- Passionate about sales and ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including Executive and C-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience in consistently achieving and exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Energetic personality; a positive force within a team
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds with strong attention to detail
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, CRM, Salesforce.com, smartphone, WebEx)
Travel throughout the US is required from time to time for customer meetings. Participation in field events, conferences, sales training, and other is also expected occasionally.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Sales Director will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Sales Director may encounter confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Sales Director has a responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio and will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company-sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.