Job Opening: Senior Clinical Informaticist
- Department Name: Professional Services Team
- Reports to: VP, Professional Services
- Location: Tampa, FL
Primary Purpose and Function
Syft is seeking a client-focused Senior Clinical Informaticist to execute clinical planning, architecture, implementation, and installation of on-premises Syft software solutions that result in a successful deployment within client’s environment. This role will engage with client clinical resources to perform pre- and post-implementation workflow review and design, provide super user/end user training on Syft solutions, and provide activation support for a project go-live. Candidates must have direct patient care experience in nursing preferably or an expert working knowledge of clinical workflow.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in assessing the client’s current workflow environment, supporting the creation of the business analysis, performing end-to-end system testing, understanding of client external systems (such as ERPs and EHRs), and training the clients system’s clinical team.
- Applicant must live in Tampa area.
- Troubleshoot local clinical environments to optimize the performance of the Syft system.
- Collaborate with clinical leads to assist in the collection of workflow requirements and architect a workflow to meet clinical and technical requirements.
- Manage both clinical and supply chain relationships within hospital setting.
- Preference Card standardization and cost reduction
- OR room stock planning and implementation
- Provide training to clinical super users/end users and act as lead training coordinator for large installations.
- Effectively communicate with physicians and OR clinicians on supply chain initiatives
- Design customer specific clinical workflows for Syft products with documentation
- Work in collaboration with the VP of Professional Services to establish comprehensive clinical practices from pre-sales to delivery.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure clinical best practices are standardized into the project methodology.
- Assist with clinical deployment team as contact for Engineering, Quality, Marketing, and product development strategies following clinical recommended best practices.
- Effectively communicate project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely, consistent, and clear manner
- All other duties, as reasonably assigned by Syft management.
- Ability to successfully meet implementation timelines in a fast-paced vendor environment with high client expectations and limited resources
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous clinical deployments
- General understanding of HL7 integrations
- Demonstrated ability to collect, document and negotiate client requirements
- Efficient, organized, self-starter capable of managing competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with clients, partners, and internal teams through strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to teach technical courses and present information to clinical audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- BSN required, or clinical equivalent degree.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of direct patient care experience preferably in the OR
- 2+ years combined experience in clinical informatics or clinical project implementation preferred.
- 2+ years OR supply chain experience preferred.
- Advanced in all facets of OR clinical operations
- Extensive exposure to management and maintenance of OR preference cards / case carts, and optimization through interaction with physicians and OR Staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations.
- Proficient knowledge of computer operations and ability to use MS Office.
- Interest and desire in using technology to improve healthcare practices.
- Ability to translate market trends and customer needs into solution requirements.
- Ability to utilize resources appropriately and problem solve independently.
- Self-starter and ability to take initiative and work independently is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with customers, partners and corporate interdepartmental teams.
- High organizational skills and flexibility
50% – 60% travel required.
Company Policy/Procedure Compliance
The Senior Clinical Informaticist will be obligated to comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to any Customer Business Associate Agreements that the company may enter into, in addition to complying with other Human Resources requirements. In discharging the duties of this position, the Senior Clinical Informaticist may encounter confidential patient identifiable electronic health information and will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and report any breach immediately to the proper hospital authorities.
Job Context and Other Relevant Information
The Senior Clinical Informaticist has a direct responsibility to ensure the safety of Syft’s brand portfolio. The Senior Clinical Informaticist will maintain the highest ethical standards possible in building and protecting brand equity.
Compensation and Company Benefits
Syft offers a competitive base rate and an attractive variable compensation element for this position. We offer a complete employee benefits package including:
- Company sponsored major medical and prescription program
- Life insurance
- Disability plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental Aflac insurance programs
- 401k retirement program with a company match
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Syft we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Syft is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.