Unorganized and Depleted Inventory
During the COVID-19 surge, items may have been used, moved, or replenished without proper tracking or monitoring, leaving inventory levels in an unknown or depleted state. In addition, items may have expired but have not been removed.
Solution: Inventory Health Check
Syft’s inventory SWAT team can help reorganize inventory and assist with time-sensitive tasks such as:
- Track and monitor inventory levels in an unknown or depleted state
- Identify, remove, and report expired supplies
- Audit perpetual inventory
- Itemize and value supplier-owned products
- Ensure procedural areas are adequately stocked to prepare for a resurgence in elective surgeries
Unreliable Item Master
Over time, the Item Master and related data assets can degrade and become an unreliable source of information. Especially during emergencies, ready access to trusted information is key to making informed and timely supply chain decisions.
Solution: Item Master Restoration
Syft’s MDM experts will help your hospital to:
- Assess the fidelity of your data assets, benchmarking key elements
- Establish a strategic plan of attack to effectively address critical item categories and attributes
- Target and improve critical items, applying MDM Best Practices and Standards, including UNSPSC and GTIN barcodes
- Outline a broader content management strategy, applying MDM best practices for the long term
Outdated and Manual Processes
Hospital supply chains relying on outdated technologies and manual processes have been impacted by the surge more so than those health systems using state-of-the-art supply chain automation solutions.
Solution: Automate Supply-Related Clinical Workflows
To move beyond the disruption and prepare for the future, hospitals should leverage the Syft Synergy platform to:
- Baseline and manage temporary inventory locations and automate replenishment processes
- Manage critical care asset inventories including location assignment during surge events based on patient volume; re-allocation of owned equipment; handling and documentation of consigned items to simplify the return process
- Automate common, time-consuming supply-chain tasks including receiving, delivery, and cycle counting
- Automate point-of-use workflows such as cart counting, charge capture, proactive expired/recall product management to assist in the re-opening of the OR
Unpredictable Supply Demand
Without reliable forecasting data, hospitals may find it difficult to effectively manage daily supply chain and replenishment processes causing supply shortages (and overages in many cases).
Solution: AI-based Algorithms and Demand Forecasting Tools
Unpredictable supply demand can have a negative impact on costs, revenue, and patient care. Syft’s AI-based supply demand forecasting abilities ensure optimal performance during normal and surge occurrence. These include:
- Incident demand forecasting capabilities
- Peak demand forecasting capabilities
- Automated proactive response (including replenishing critical supplies)
Complex Workflow for Handling Decedents
Safe handling of decedents is complex even during normal operations and especially when disaster occurs. Hospitals must adhere to multifaceted compliance requirements adding to the complexity. Manual processes in transporting, storing, and documenting patient death events are error prone. These errors are negatively impact the reputation of the hospital and increase the risk of lawsuits and fines.
Solution: Decedent Management and Tracking
Syft automates decedent management and tracking workflows to ensure safe, seamless, compassionate, and compliant handing of patients.
- Pre-configured protocols ensure hospitals meet city, county, state, federal, and facility-level workflow and documentation requirements
- Integrated with RFID/RTLS or system-level scanning technologies to track decedents and appendages
- Communicable disease tracking, isolation risk capture, and communicated proactively
- Configurable tasks and workflows based on decedent type
- Case tracking dashboards; personalized for each stakeholder
- Supports multiple Decedent Affairs offices across the health system
Prepare for the Unexpected: Healthcare Supply Chain Disruption Services and Solutions
Solutions that help your hospital prepare for the unexpected by supporting planning and management of the healthcare supply chain inventory pre-disruption, mid-disruption, and post-disruption. Request Quote
Reimagine Your Supply Chain: If Not Now, When?
With an enterprise platform that stores all supply related data it is much easier for hospitals to ensure data fidelity, analyze data, improve efficiencies and reduce waste. This is beneficial to hospitals at all times, but particularly crucial during a supply chain disruption, according to a recent Gartner report. Isn’t it time you reimagined your supply chain?